There is nothing better than eating popcorn and watching a movie with the family. There are a few rubs here at Lane's BBQ that will completely change the way you do movie night. Here are a few simple ways to use our favourite seasonings for popcorn.
OUR FAVOURITES FOR POPCORN ARE:
- Chocolate Sea Salt Caramel - Perfect for chocolate lovers.
- Homemade Apple Pie - Great for lovers of Mama's Apple Pie.
- Kapalua - Our personal favourite, great mix of sweet and spicy. A must try.
- Garlic² - When you just can't seem to get enough buttery garlic.
- It doesn't matter if you use a bag, or the skillet. Just pop the popcorn.
- When finished dump popcorn into a large mixing bowl
- Shake a couple teaspoons of seasoning over the popcorn (Most of our seasonings work well, but our favourite 4 are listed above)
- Melt 2 to 3 tablespoons of butter
- Drizzle half of the butter over the popcorn as you Toss/Mix the popcorn. (You can use a spatula or hand mix if you would like. We prefer to toss)
- Shake a couple extra teaspoons of seasoning over the popcorn to your liking
- Add the rest of the butter as you toss/mix. Be sure to toss/mix until any seasoning that has settled from the bottom is gone.
MORE POPCORN IDEAS/DIRECTIONS:
- Chocolate Sea Salt Caramel - Melt a couple teaspoons Sea Salt Caramel in with a couple tablespoons butter to make a caramel mix. Spoon a little at a time into the popcorn. It will stick multiple pieces of popcorn together create chunky caramel popcorn treat.
- Garlic² - Add a couple teaspoons of lemon juice or lemon zest to your Garlic popcorn to give the popcorn a savoury lemon garlic taste.